Training & Euromeeting
There will be several training and racing opportunities for athletes in advance of WOC 2024.
A wide range of racing and training opportunities will be available in the period leading up to WOC 2024, from international competition at Euromeeting 2023 and formal training camps to provision of maps for self-organised training. The provisional programme below will be developed in the coming months.
In addition to the events listed below, Scotland has a well-supported and attended Urban League: the Scottish Orienteering Association welcomes participation by international squads and athlete in all competitions.
Euromeeting 2023 is being organised by Forth Valley Orienteers (FVO) and will be held on October 13-15 in and around Stirling. Programme:
Friday 13 October – Dunblane
- Mixed Sprint Relay, start mid-afternoon.
- There will be a public race on similar courses afterwards, likely a ‘queue’ start with 15sec intervals and random allocation to different gaffles.
Saturday 14 October – University of Stirling
- Knock-Out Sprint, Qualification race am, QF/SF/F pm.
- The public race is an individual sprint, between qualification and finals.
Sunday 15 October – Stirling
- Individual Sprint, morning, with 1 minute start interval, timings will depend on size of entry.
- The public race is the Stirling City Race (urban event).
Mapping and course setting roles are filled by the WOC 2024 mappers and planners.
Embargoes are in place for Euromeeting 2023, details can be accessed at WOC 2024 Eventor